Want to Become a Volunteer?
Here’s what you need to know
- All Potential volunteers must be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Must be able to commit to 1 volunteer shift per month (minimum 2 hours).
- Must have access to email
- Must be able to work well with others as volunteer positions work directly with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Those wanting to handle animals must attend specific handling classes provided by the shelter.
*Please understand that many of these dogs have not been pets for a long time, if ever. Many have not known the love of a human and are still untrusting of people. They may not behave the same way as your own pet. Be patient as they do have a lot of love to give, but it may take some time.Apply Now!
What to expect:
- Submit an Application and follow the prompts on the screen until you receive the Thank You message.
- Once the application is reviewed and if approved after background check, you will receive an email with the link to complete our Volunteer waiver, as well as instructions on how to register online through SignUp Genius, our shelter’s volunteer scheduling application.
- After registration, you can sign up for New Volunteer Orientation. (Requirement before any volunteer shift)
- After orientation is completed, you can begin signing up for volunteer shifts via SignUp Genius.
- You will also be invited to join and download the app Slack on your phone, which is our shelters communication portal. All communication will be through this avenue.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, feel free to email the volunteer mailbox: pcbp.volunteers[email protected]Apply Now!